Information Collection: The Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
- You may provide to CoderCharts what is generally called personally identifiable information (such as your name, education history, email address, postal mailing address, and telephone numbers) if you use certain services or products from CoderCharts, enter contests or sweepstakes, or otherwise use the features and functionality of CoderCharts.
- When you access CoderCharts (including through your computer or your mobile device) or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This automatically collected information may include Internet Protocol address (IP Address), a unique user ID, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on CoderCharts, and the dates and times that you visit CoderCharts. While tracking technology is used to record certain information, no tracking technology is directly linked to your Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- CoderCharts uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the various features and services found on CoderCharts as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws.
- We may use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major CoderCharts Service updates, for customer service purposes, and to send privacy or security related notices.
- CoderCharts uses the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way CoderCharts works and looks, to create new features and functionality.
- CoderCharts may use Automatically Collected information and Cookies information to: (a) automatically update the CoderCharts application on your system; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access CoderCharts; (c) provide customized third-party advertisements, content and information; (d) monitor and report on the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (e) monitor and report aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (f) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- In the event that CoderCharts is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- CoderCharts does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of CoderCharts becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- In order to enable potential hiring parties to find and hire you, CoderCharts allows recruiters, employers, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resources professionals to view and search user profiles on CoderCharts. The information shared with such entities includes the information you have provided to us and any Certifications you have taken on CoderCharts.
- CoderCharts may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright or trademark law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, judicial or other government requirement, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
- CoderCharts also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; enforce our Terms of Service; protect CoderCharts from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to initiate, render, bill and collect for amount owed to CoderCharts; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of CoderCharts; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CoderCharts, our Users, or others.
- You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with CoderCharts, in which case CoderCharts will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on CoderCharts. CoderCharts reserves the right to retain and use the information that we collect in a way that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; enforce our Terms of Service; or protect CoderCharts or its users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
- CoderCharts does not provide your personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks CoderCharts to show an advertisement to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
- CoderCharts uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CoderCharts, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, CoderCharts makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- If CoderCharts learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CoderCharts may post a notice on CoderCharts if a security breach occurs.
- For Users visiting CoderCharts from the European Union or other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you enter into CoderCharts will be transferred outside the European Union or such other non-U.S. territory for use by CoderCharts and its affiliates for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because CoderCharts operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data on CoderCharts, you hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the United States or other countries.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided otherwise, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you or that you disclose to us. If you disclose your information to others besides CoderCharts, whether they are users of CoderCharts or on other sites or services, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them.
- CoderCharts does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
CoderCharts LLC may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by posting an announcement on our site. The changes will also be reflected by a last modified date below.